Sunday, February 12, 2012

New 'Brother Lawrence' Phalaenopsis Blooming

This Phalaenopsis started growing the flower spike was found on 11/18/11 and the buds started opening on 2/10/11.  It has formed seven buds so far and still growing more as seen in the fourth picture.  The flower petals are suppose to be yellow like the third picture shown but the petals are green now and the lip is white/yellow inside as seen in the first picture.

I received this orchid from my mom on 4/30/10.  It had about nine flowers when I got it.  The flower spike for this second blooming isn't as tall as the first time when I got it.  The flowers are slowly opening but they are taking a little while longer to change color from green to yellow.

The Phalaenopsis have grown more flower spikes than any of my other orchids.  I don't know if its because they liked it outside and I had to put them inside due to the cold weather.  I guess I'll see what happens when it gets warmer outside when I can put them outside.







No comments:

Post a Comment